5 Must Know Tips For New Voice Over Artists
Thank you all those that have contacted Spoon's Voices asking about a career in voice over. It's important for us to share these tips.
Our agency recieves over 400 requests a month for us to review reels and consider signing new talent.
The truth is, it's a highly competitive space and even if we wanted to snap everyone up, you need more than a great voice to create a sustainable career.
What I share with applicants often leaves them perplexed.
'You don't need an agent'
In fact, I'd go a step further and say stop pitching to agents and spend that time building relationships directly with clients of your own.
With lockdown came the harsh reality for some that they could no longer trade the way they had before.
Office for National Statistics (ONS) said 156,000 people were made redundant in the three months to July - https://www.ons.gov.uk/.../uklabourmarket/september2020
Already working from home, we found that the demand for voice acting / voice over services, on the contrary, exploded exponentially. This has been especially true for experienced and well established voice actors with professional home studios.
1. Make sure you have the right equipment and know-how to record and deliver to a professional standard.
2. Develop and maintain your skills.
3. Update / build your website and social accounts to clearly show how you create a solution for your potential clients.
4. Reach out to your ideal clients but start in your own network and ripple out.
5. Actively engage in a practice of mindfulness to help you through the challenges and avoid burnout. *most important
If still stuck, please head over to https://thesuccesstips.com